Quick update!
Last week was CRAZY at work. I had a group of 6 year olds for camp, which was really fun but crazy at times. We had our big fundraiser, Meals in the Meadow, which went really well. Pics coming soon! There was a big tent and a great local band, good food, awesome raffles and silent auctions, etc. All of the FBE's did "Farm-o-ramas" which were interactive displays. My concept for the display was "Conservation and Preservation" and we had different ways to preserve food (Kohlrabi pickles! Mint jelly!), a history of the preservation of Katama farm land, and ways that we teach about energy conservation on the farm (wind farm model! solar oven model!). We also had an awesome photo poster of ways to conserve day to day (bike to work, eat locally, grow your own food, compost!). Some other groups did global cooking, food and nutrition, animal production, farm machines, soil, plants, grass, biochar! We even had some guest animals, including Danny the Ox! He was quite a hit.
I spent all day Sunday recovering from Saturday (and Saturday night) and now am back into full swing with another week of camp. I am pretty excited because we are starting to get real veggies from the farm (KALE! TURNIPS! RADISHES!) and tonight we are making use of some delicious kale and making an orzo dish with garlic bread.
I got a chance to speak quickly with some friends from home today, and am getting more and more excited for the week I will go back to Annapolis in August.
More later, hopfully!

No comments:
Post a Comment